Wednesday, April 23, 2014

"Marry Me!"

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls;


It is so much fun to read about the latest the greatest in technology. The wedding businesses is blooming with people who want to plan weddings. Then their are the corporations like Wedding Wire, The Knot, and all those magazines brides like looking at. Prop 8 changed the industry forever allowing “gay” marriages. Relationships are and always will be the most difficult thing for humans to do. Like I do, it is difficult to day. We have all these cute sayings for relationships like. “Happy wife, Happy life.”, “Honey, do list.” Or my favorite, ‘Whatever”. The thought of your not even worth the argument, discussion, or thought, take it one step further and your not worth listening to.


Did you think of what the words ‘Marry Me” really mean? Matthew shares with us that in “For in they resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.” Matt. 22:30. He goes on to explain the generations and memorial for what God wants for his people. Ex. 3:6,15. When you think of it. God has placed allot of Fathers in our path. Could it be that our own Father suffers for us? There are many who become this idea of power and therefore mis-use it in abusing the person they marry.


I don’t believe, that is God’s intended idea of the “Father” or “Power”. “God has spoken once, twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God. Also to you belongs mercy; For You render to each one according to his work.” Ps. 62:11-12 Take a moment and reflect these thoughts to your marriage. Does it have these characters traits in them.


When I plan wedding for clients or the first interview, I tend to ask my clients lots of questions. Some wedding planners ask their clients when they met? How they knew it was love? They get involved in their personal relationship. I tend not to do that. In the first interview. Why? The first interview is to get to know a professional and how professionally they will plan their wedding. The topic of relationships does not happen until later as ‘our’ relationship develops. Why? I honestly feel that as a professionally I am hired to plan their wedding not medal in their relationship.


I am hired to assist, plan, design, decorate, help negotiate, counsel, and do other things event planners consider part of the job description. I try not to get into the relationship part of their marriage. Why? I understand other event planners do. In order that I may provide a good service for them. The relationship between client takes time to develop just like any other relationship. I look at my business as a service business. It is about seeing the couple as the “Father” sees them. to some this may be a narrow minded approach, to others it is the correct approach.


Each person is an individual. Caring for them as individual while planning their wedding is the most important part. Please do not misunderstand. I also have to care for me and my business. Just as important your wedding is to you. So, is my business to me. Therefore, boundaries are established one of mine is to not get in your marriage. It is just starting out. There are more important skills to learn, such as negotiating what you want vs what you can afford.


Anyone, can spend your money. I will be happy to spend your money too. The more you spend the better income I make. However, is it the right or correct thing to do?


“Not from the East, nor from the West, nor from the South, come promotion and lifting up. But God is the Judge! He puts down one and lifts another.”  Ps 75:6-7


“For because of this you also pay taxes, for they are God’s ministers attending continually to this very thing.” Rom.14:6

We both do that right? Therefore, what make you better than I or you better than me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June