Monday, October 7, 2013

Boundaries

Boundaries (What are Yours?) Respect!


Boundaries are invisible fences that have three purposes.

1. Boundaries keep people from coming into space and abusing you.
2. Boundaries keep you from going into someone's space and abusing them.
3. Boundaries give you a sense of control, a sense of " who you are".


PHYSICAL BOUNDARIES

YOURS "I have the right to say when/where/how and who is going to touch me and how close I am going to allow someone to get to me.

THEIRS "I have to ask their permission to touch anyone and get their consent.

SEXUAL BOUNDARIES

YOURS " I have to ask choose when/where/how and with whom I am going to be sexual."

THEIR "I Have to have permission to be sexual with anyone and get their consent."

EMOTIONAL BOUNDARIES

YOUR "I can feel anyone I want to about things. Nobody can tell me how I should feel or that my feelings are wrong."

THEIR "your feelings are valid and you don't have to feel the way I feel."

INTELLECTUAL BOUNDARIES

YOUR " I can think and say anything I want. The consequences are mine. You can't me I'm wrong because I don't believe what you believe.

THEIR "I respect your ideas and beliefs even if I don't agree with them.

If you like this please click on an advertiser, if you want to discuss book an appointment, if you are not sure leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June