Tuesday, February 27, 2018

55± Do I have To Live There?

Hi there,



What is this? Aging no longer gives you respect for what you know and ones ability to teach, live experience life?  There, was a saying  that people shouted in fights or in the movies "Just beat It Out of Him!" Like and old had woven carpet. They just take it outside and beat it. With a tool like a tennis racket. I remember helping my grandmother. Then I remembered hiding in between the tent like carpet to irritating her. It's actually very hard labor. One has to use ones muscles. Upper body strength. Hit it too hard it fibers break, too gentel you accomplish nothing. Lesson learned that summer. Making sure everything is out of the fibers except the fibers and they fall into place. This is what happens when grandparents have a say in raising their grandchildren. They share pieces of their lives that their own children didn't get. They were so important in my life. Are the elderly the unheard population today?

As I look to start over and purchase my first home I have met with several Realtors who keep directing me to the place I should live. With people my own age. Really? I think to myself. These 55 or older communities and the other option is a trailer home? Really? That's it. Is this a form of discrimination? Like my grandmother hiding the vacuum so she could teach a lesson is it really about controlling people in order to force them to act like other people their age? Put me back in school cause I missed the lesson that said I had to behave like others my age. Where does it say that? Really? That's what you expect.



I have plans, dreams, prayers of my own and they don't include yours. I don't enjoy golfing. Balls fly everywhere when I golf. There went the elderly putting green retirement home. I don't enjoy shuffle board meeting an occasional game can be fun. I'd rather be free to choice. I'll drive to the golf course. I'll drive to the duffle board game. I can play cricket anywhere I choose. There are many other things I'd rather be doing. Soccer is a sport I enjoy photographing. Like many other sports. I am past the age of playing it. However, just because I enjoy watching the sport doesn't mean I want to live on the green with those that play.

Nonetheless, each age group has its plus and minuses. The point is in the discovery of what the future has for me. Each person has the right to be an individual and not a cookie mold of someone else. I am not my grandmother or my mother or my sister or my aunts and uncle, family children. However, I am. Why? The shared experiences.

The life, this life we live is difficult enough without forcing the elderly or the young to behave how we want just because we want. I find myself in new experiences I never imagined. Why? I never thought I'd be single woman at this age. What is the rest of my life going to be like? I don't know. I never planned  being flug into where I am today. That what happens when the word Stop! , No! Isn't listen to. Don't try to be my voice for you do not know what it's like.   

Like, subscribe, tell a friend. Disclaimer on contact page. The next time you want to tell me something. If it's that important I need to know, sit down and write me a letter and tell me about it. Maybe, you think better standing up. Either way I prefer you outing it in writing. I can't do anything about age stereotypes or ageism. Your local government can write. Bureau for Better Housing  "ageism, homeless, pregnant teens" This bureau helps with many aspects. Let's see if we can make America Great Again!





No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June