Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Invitation Social Etiquette

Hi there,

Since my YouTube friends threw a party and I wasn’t invited it got me thinking about how I could react to the situation. After all they did front the fact they were having a party for a 24th year. Pirates, such a good them. I can’t believe they didn’t invite me until after the fact. You see I believe they, my YouTube friends want me to covet of become jealous of the fact that they are young dumb and beautiful. Is that the right song?  In case you don’t know who my friends are I have linked her video to the word YouTuber, that’s what she’s famous for. Be careful she just might take you for a donkey ride. On second thought maybe I'm doing the same thing with this blogm


What is the proper social etiquette for invitation? Acceptance or declining an invitation?  Is there a difference between invitations? How does this affect the attendees also known as guest. The guest of honor and the party planner? In this blog I hope to discuss some of the more dignified social responses. Talking on it on a blog may not be the most socially correct way, however I know my YouTube friend would agree. All joking aside. My YouTube friends are very entertaining and good at what they do. Let's talk invitation.

Invitations make a social statement within the group you are inviting. There are formal and informal invitations for parties. Here is a way of telling the difference of when to use what. All styles of invitations take some time to write them out. Children can help with their own invitations if the party is not a surprise.

  1. Email invitations are considered informal. 
  2. Write in the information such as invitations for children’s parties are also considered informal, although they are more formal than email invitations.
  3. The most formal are the ones I discussed in the blog titled “Invitations”.
  4. Texting and apps are considered social invitation and unless it is a wedding are not always for parties that have taken some time to plan.
I am a believer that people enjoy receiving an invitation in the mail. Although we are a paperless generation, we still can apply the rules of etiquette to a social activity. Here is a good rule of thumb to practice. The longer the party takes to plan the more formal the invitation. The reason for this is the people planning the party have taken a great deal of time and it shows appreciation for their labor.

 This doesn’t mean...I am thinking of having a party for six months doing nothing but thinking about it. The night before the party you call your friends for the party. This means for six months I am working on the party. Planning food, people to invite, invitation, decor, invitations, etc. Therefore, if it is an informal party give your guest a minimum of 30 days notice.  I would say that would be the minimum amount of time. They can RSVP and you’ll know exactly how much food to have.

Invitations act like a keepsake, a placemarker for the day of the event. Plus here is the fun part you get to practice your lettering. I linked one for you. There are many to choose from.  I don’t know about you. For me when I receive an email invitation I react differently than one when a person has hand written or printed invitation.

The email I tend to put it in my reminder to respond and wait until the reminder that I didn’t respond, reminds me to respond. Whereas the written, I tend to RSVP right away. I know it was important to the person that send it to me. They took the time to write and send it in the US Mail also know as snail mail, due to the fact it is slower than a computer. The fact that the mail will take time means I have to react more promptly

The etiquette would say to answer both in a timely manner. A week is plenty of time for you to look at your calendar and ask your significant other if they would like to attend with you. Please RSVP with the correct number of people attending. Also if for some reason that number changes tell the person throwing the party. It's not fun for the person who invited you to know they had to pay for a meal uneaten. It's even sadder to know it will get thrown away at the end of a party at a venue.

Like, subscribe, tell a friend. Disclaimer on communication page. What would you like to read about next? Leave a comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June