Friday, March 23, 2018

I Have a Ninch Social Ediquette

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls



There are several things that I have discovered since I left the working place, corporate world and started my own business. I recently heard another business woman discussing how does one do well as a woman entrepreneur.

 The truth is you have to find a group of people who want your success as much as you do. Difficult to find. They have to want their own success, and have to be enlightened enough to understand there is plenty of room for successful people. That’s why I love social edituette. You see, I worked in what used to be “Corporate America” for many years. After two miscarriages and a long commute, I decided to stay home and raise my children. Went back to teaching part time.  Verses the 9-12 hour days I would spend in the office. This wasn’t my bosses requirement, I just wanted to do a good job. This was the blessing of my life. There wasn’t too many people in home based businesses back then. I tried my hand at other things, such as Mary Kay and was somewhat successful.

It always came down to the same thing. Whom did I love more? My children or money?  Every working person has to answer that question for themselves. I believe two miscarriages had a great impact on my life choices. Work/home life balance changes.

Now is a different time. I do know there are more than one way to have income. Yes, I mean a paycheck, money that you can go to the bank and deposit. That will both help your family purchase food, clothing, service and lifestyle. This time when I re-entered “Corporate America” I was hit shockingly by social media. Overwhelmed I did the best I could in helping everyone I could understand that what was hitting the world was bigger than I. That’s when it occurred to me what I am good at in event planning. Social etiquette. I love learning about the apps, what they do and how they will make the life of others better. What I don’t like is how rude and assuming some social things can be. If I assume I am rich and wealthy with money does that make is so?

How does one get respect if your dealing with the head of a corporate app?
  1. Honesty, one has to be honest with ones weaknesses. We all have them. So do apps.
  2. Accept that not all things are good for all people. Not all people are good for apps.
  3. Let’s get real. Products, apps, corporations are about making money. Thats the bottomline. I believe that's what it's called. How one understand how good the corporation is. a) It's product working. Does it work to the standards stated?  b)Does the corporation have a social conscience?
  4. That’s where etiquette comes in. 
That is why I enjoy etiquette. It can test what is being spoken. It is a social conscience. That’s why I enjoy watching certain types of you tubers when they purchase a non-sponsor item and talk about the pros and cons. When they are honest they help thousands. Integrity helps people.

I hope you will take this simple knowledge and apply it into your knowledge base as we explore the possibilities of what applying etiquette to a social situation can produce for you personally as well as your business. 

How social is social?
What good comes out of social?
Are social real relationships?
If in need could I depend upon my socials?
What is the difference between social advice and the advice of others?

Just a few topics we will be discussing in the next few blogs.

I look forward to reading your comments as I explain some of the edituette I learned in my business for social living.

Like, subscribe, leave a comment in the comment box. Disclaimer on communications page. You can follow me on social media at Instagram, Tweet, Facebook @MKPDE. If you like photography then may photographs are posted as Maria Kamon Photography or on Instagram as Nodsish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June