Sunday, September 11, 2011

What's in a name?


Hi there,



My favorite all time saying. What is in a name? Good question don't you think? Well, in 2003 I opened a business named MK Production Meeting and Event Planning. Since then many things have happened. Some good, some not. But the one thing that has kept me going was knowing that when I was a child my father taught me the importance of His name. Let me tell you my dad was not without sin. But he did know the importance of living a life as a believer.



When one is down, the people that love you really stick by you. Some people are afraid of adversity; this is what I have discovered, but other raise to help. Who are you in the lives of your friends during trouble times? Are you the type that goes in for the kill to cause more pain, or are you the type that assist and helps heal? What does this have to do with business you might ask? The truth is not much other than to speak of the importance of a name and the character of the person.



I am now trying to rebuild myself, knowing what my true strengths and weaknesses are. As difficult as it may be this time adversity...had a lot to say to me. From family, friends, and anyone who wanted to speak, so it would seem. My personality being the latter one described above. I listened and listened and have finally discovered the lies and the truths of what was told. Mostly, the sadness is for the loss. For when we are in battle, there is always loss. Whether it is a dream, such as MK Productions Meeting and Event Planning, or children who are upset, hurt and lack understanding of the difficulties faced, because they too felt difficulties. Not to mention the physical blows which pain the body. But with this comes standing firm on the rock which we believers are all given along with the promises given. My favorite is Jer. 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”



When I ponder these thoughts which delight my heart, it gives me a joy so profound that today's adversity is not thought of and a knowledge that it will be overcome tomorrow. With these two thoughts I have begun a new adventure in my life. The first step is a business named MK Pure Diamond Events (I put my name on it, because I believe in Him who believed in me first.) Website: www.mariakamon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June