Saturday, June 14, 2014

Gossip Hated and Loved!

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls,

You know it is amazing to me the perception of gossip. In a biblical term gossip is hated, the thing is we assume it is only women who do (secretly) speak of these things. Prayer is gossip? However, even in a church men need to pray, do they go to other men to pray with them or a woman? If women are gossiping when they are praying for one another then what are men doing when they pray for one another?

Either way, I went on a journey once to find out how much gossip was hated. I traveled in tents, by car, boat, plane and even under the sea asking the question how much do you hate gossip. Here is what I found out.

Movie stars do it.
Photographers do it.
Videographers do it.
Passengers do it.
Starbucks was knowing for doing it with anonymous names on cups so they do it.
Pizza deliveries boys do it.
Tweeters do it.
Face book ruined faces and do it?
Event planners do it and it ruins their employment.
Teachers do it.
Principles do it.
Pastors do it.
Headmasters do it.
Chefs do it.
Fashion designers do it and claim they would never do it.
Lawyers do it knowing there's consequences for doing it.
Judges do it.
Literary do it.


Here is what I found out in my Journey...it doesn't matter the color of your skin, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, it doesn't matter how old you are, it doesn't matter how powerful you are or how much money you have or don't have, people gossip,

What does matter is how you use the gossip. I am here to say it does. When you're a child you think and act like a child. You do things you enjoy, however you don't know what you enjoy because you are a child and haven't experience all that there is to do. Innocence should be protected, you as a individual have the right to learn, grow mature and figure out what is yours. What is right for you.

How do you use gossip? When I was in college just starting my life, I attended a football game with my fiance. We were watching the game and I always took other things to do. His profession was "football" and the other coaches would always attend. They talked about football plays, the talents of the football player the statistics and I would talk about the cheerleaders. I laugh today at the thoughts I had I had just graduated from high school and x-cheerleader I still had the desire to try cheer. I would mess up these men by talking about the cheerleaders. It was intentional and unintentional on my part. Therefore, our date nights were filled with sports, as my then young fiance was learning from his peers and I was the tag along. They would laugh and joke with me about how I always brought a book, a craft project or something to do. I quickly learn to cost them money and make them buy be a program, a hot dog, a coke....did you know that when they began to gossip about the cheerleader, I would have to distract these grown up men with other things. I laugh today, it was not anger it was to see who can mess up whom. There came the point where cheerleader tryouts and I happened to be on campus. I thought to myself, I could tryout for cheerleader and mess with my fiance or I could just do what I needed to do to graduate from college. I choose to graduate from college. There is a point, where messing with a life is for their benefit or their failure. I believe I made the right choice for my life. A few of my girlfriends became cheerleaders. It was fun to watch them, I went on with my education and graduated from university.

Is gossip fun or does it have a responsibility? I could of not keep my fiance on track and tempted him with cheerleaders as his friends were doing with me, tempting me with football players. I could have just gone down to the football field after the football game and introduced myself to the young man they wanted me to meet. I think I made the right choice to love the man I was engaged to and ignore the others. There is always someone out there that is prettier or more handsome, has more money, is more powerful, however when you find the one that makes you feel all those things and you don't have a thing your both just starting off, then that just might be the one to spend your life with.  Yes, I can scripture this blog....I won't. It's gossip.





No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June