Saturday, January 21, 2017

Fashion Modern Style for Less

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls

How fun is this for me. Anyone, that lived through the era of the late 60's early 70's to see the clothing styles return.  Fashion statements have always been a trend. It is so much fun to watch new generations have some of the same things I had had in my youth. What a blessing!

Currently, it is off the shoulder and anklet pants. The off the shoulder blouses were called angle blouses and dresses and the anklet pants were called 3/4 length pants. I have a feeling fashion is going to be big in 2017. Maybe that has to do with Mrs. Trump being in the white house. She has a scenes of fashion that reminds reporters of the Jackie and Bobby era, which I personally loved. I remember I became a DYI young lady. Reality, I was much younger than that. My era if you were female you were always consider a young lady.  I learned to sew and learned how to create fashion for less. It was a battle my mother and I always had. Who was better seamstress. I became very good at sewing a straight line and sewing buttons in. If I could save the money for the fabric then I could use her sewing machine. I started learning how to sew very young with my barbie dolls. I would draw them and she slowly started teaching me how to sew them. I would take my paints, crayons and paper and design fabric, draw dresses and as I grew older tried to make the patterns to sew the cloths. The better I got at it the more competition I had from my mother and others.  It is always a love / hate relationship of who is right? Her fashion, was not mine, her people where mot my people, however we can learn many things from the generations before use as well as the generations after us. Either way it lead me to taking classes and then entering college to study and learn what I could. That's when I discovered how competitive the field is and decided on teaching instead. That's enough about me. What I want to encourage all the Diamond Glamour Girls out there is to do great things with their lives. Whatever, you love doing do it with the best you you can do. I have to be honest and tell you I have a great love for fashion and what you can do with one piece to create many.

Get your fashion books, sketch books, drawing pencils,  and start designing...The Camelot Years of fashion our back and lets watch it develop together. I say this because of all the comparisons of Mr. and Mrs. Trump to the Kennedy's. Although my belief is a little different. Melanie Trump was just a baby then, so it's not a baby thing its a real time, real world thing. I laugh with those that want to stay in an era and not change and I covet those of you who are born and this time with all the new things/ tools, technology and equipment to use in your new lives and career choices. Many new careers will open this year as this first lady expresses herself through fashion. I am excited about what she will do, I believe not like newscasters that she has more to offer than just good lucks and fashion. I believe she will not only make the United States of America proud of her role as the first lady, she will also make woman proud to be a young lady, woman.

 This blouse was called spaghetti straps I'm not sure what they call it today, however I do know for the DYI (Do It Yourself) Girl...you can sew it up in less than a day..several hours.  The challenge is there for you to take.
 For the mom's who still want fashion off thee shoulders however still want their children to find them dignified, respectable when in public you can always throw on a little cover up like this one.
 The 3/4 pants or anklets are best left to the young woman who can show off that pretty little piece of them. How fun it is to be young and fashion thought worthy.
 The off the shoulder, not. well kind of. It represents the willing to show a little shoulder, however not willing to be off the shoulders.
Here is a simple off the shoulders blouse with that would take maybe an hour to sew. Planned correctly it could look as glamours as you'd like.

Don't want to be spend thee money on trendy clothing? Then I found a cute store that will help you purchase the clothing for less. The name of it is Styles for Less, the fashion is trendy and will last for a season, for those on a budget or just want cloths for a season for the trend.

Disclaimer: The fashion and people mentioned in this blog have not paid for any advertisement nor have they asked me to review their products. I am not currently receiving monetary compensation from  the products or people. At the time of publication I have no knowledge of their advertisement of absence.

Photographed by Maria Kamon Photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June