Friday, August 17, 2012

KISS (Keep It Simple Sister) The working Women and Fashion



One of the things most women have in common is fashion.  We love cloths, not for the reason one might think.  Things seem like one thing when they are another.  Today’s women have to be smarter than the other generations before them, so we think…  The truth is women are supposed to mentor one another.  Men are taught to go for things at all cost, but women are taught compassion, understanding, and wisdom.  Now what role does this play in the workplace?
I was reading the “In Style” the other day when I realized some things do not change throughout time.  Women love being respected for their work.  Cloths have a say in the perception of what we are trying to say.  In my younger years I loved color bright and beautiful.  Men confuse color with women wanting attention.  Don’t ask me why it just was, they think if we dress a certain way we are that.  As I matured in the workplace I realized being noticed by the color I was wearing was not the best thing for my career.  I wanted respect for the work I did, not the colors I was wearing. 

This year Ann Taylor Fall 2012, has my favorite all time way of dressing.  My favorite way to dress is black and white with a pop of color.  I always found this way of dressing allowed me to go from work place to an evening meeting with will change.  It also got me respect.  Women respect one another in the workplace when one is trying to do the best work possible.  Competition is what it is, but respect comes from hard work, focusing on the things that matter most for the corporation you are working for and having your personal priorities in place.  Women supporting one another in the workplace is very important, earn the respect of your pears and you may earn the respect of person who is your supervisor.  The funny thing is there is a balance there.  Earning the respect of the pears cannot supersede your goals.  If the pear is disrespecting you then you have to call them on it.  I truly believe that when you call them on it, does it face to face and in privacy.  If it doesn’t stop then take to the supervisor.  Stand up for yourself but do it in a way you will still respect yourself.  In life, if you are battling for something you want and loose self respect, it’s not worth it.

That’s, my bit of advice…back to fashion.  Ann Taylor, this year’s collection is about sophistication and KISS mentality, Keep It Simple Sister!  She has designed collection that allows women to show off their s lines without being recycled, without being this thing….men want.   We are women with power and her collection lets other know it, without shouting it!  It is a quiet confidence.  It is here I am, I know what I am doing, and I do it to the best of my ability.  Ann Taylor collection this year has it all pearls, ribbons; scarf’s, shoes flats or heels.  It’s a business suit during the day and evening attire during the night.  The Hughes is rich, deep with wealth, richness and comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June