Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Experience at the Bridal Bazaar (part 1)


There are many different experiences a event planner has, but one of the ones most profound experiences is when you have to represent your business in front of hundreds, possibly thousands of people.  I started planning for this from the minute I finished the first one.  I knew I had to step things up, have my assistants help me and talk to as many brides as I could.  So in this plan to make things better for my business, hoping I would get more clients I decided to video some of the steps I take to plan an event.  I treated my company as it was a client.  Before you continue this blog, I have to ask you to forgive my video taking skills, as you will see you need light in the room for the video to come out clearly and at 4:30 in the morning the light was...you'll see.  

I thank God for my assistants. Kayleigh and Kristin their youth and excitement for this profession makes me remember all the good things in life.  On the first day both of them were busy and could not help out on the set up part of the day.The next couple of videos came out a little better...it was around 7am and the sun was up.  Trying to do it all myself gets a little much, I say this in just.  I don't ever try to do everything myself.  I work with many wonderful vendors, photographers, videographers, florist, and wonderful people that are all in the business of helping others.  We all love to make our clients have a special day and memories that last a lifetime.  Second step was to gather all the things I would be taking for the event.  



The third step was putting it all into the car.  Event planners not only purchase, rent materials but they also have to prepare things so they look perfect for their clients.  On an ideal event we get to prepare the venue the day before.  Reality being what it is it is usually the day of the event which means that the day of the event we are working a 12-16 hour day.  When we are hired for the "Day of " event it always brings a smile to my face because we are limited what we can do.  MK Pure Diamond Events "Day of"  Events always start with making sure I can attend the rehearsal so I can met the family and see, understand how the bride wants things to run.  It is also making sure that day things get started off to a good start.  I do not stay for the completion of the event or the clean up.  The bride and groom are totally responsible for this.  Here is a clip of what the car looks like with all the things loaded up for the Bridal Bazaar. 

 The day of the Bridal Bazaar Bridal Bazaar August 2012 was filled with excitement, anticipation and hope for my future and that of the ladies working.  Like Van Gogh, Monet, or any other great artist.  An event planner sees things in an artistic manner.  We look at the space we are renting much as an interior designer it is a way to express ourselves.  The décor is an expression that can make or break our business, if we don’t represent ourselves, can we represent our clients interest well. 

We decorate our space, like an artist paints her/his canvas.  The colors, proportions, design, scale, height, width, depth all of this plays with our senses, letting us express emotions, relate to people and share a special moment in time with them, creating a memory.  Memories are the meaning of life.  The bible tells us “The memory of the righteous is blessed.” Prov10:7  As you read this blog, I hope you are blessed.

Prior to the event, with months of planning it took several days to find, purchased and design the things we wanted.  In the video clip you can hear me describe that I awake at 4:30 in the morning to put things together.  Trying not to wake my neighbors I put all the items in my car and drove to the San Diego Convention Center.  I wanted things to be perfect for the brides and was trying to make sure I got to the appointment on time I got there an hour and a half early.  This ended up being a blessing because I was able to go to a local restaurant, relax and have breakfast.  Got to share with you MaryJanes  best breakfast in san diego coffee shopclose to the Omini Hotel has the best coffee ever.  It is not bitter and rich in flavor.  I am pretty picky about my coffee so that is truly a compliment.

Back on track with the Bridal Bazaar, these ladies could not have made it any easier for the vendors.  MK Pure Diamond Events MK Pure Diamond Events arrived was told were to drive my car for unloading.  I loved it!  I didn’t have to lift, carry or take anything to my booth.  I was so impressed I can’t tell you how happy it made me.  By the time I parked my car, all the items I needed were at my booth.  It was such a great experience.  Event planners are always catering to others and making sure every need is met, but this time, my needs were being met.  Wow.  It's great when people help you out.

I have to give credit to the ladies at the Bridal Bazaar, they run a program that is amazing.  It is so well run that they know all of their vendors.  They treat them with repeat and help all of us when we need it.  I am so excited to be a part of one of the many vendors the Bridal Bazaar represents.  I hope for many years of doing business with them and pray that God will bless all our businesses.

MK Pure Diamond Events would like to give a big THANK YOU to Patty, Betty and Linda at the Bridal Bazaar for all you do for us vendors.  Answering all our questions, helping us become better for our clients.

I would also like to give a thank you to the Pastor that taught me "All things are possible."  you know who you are.  Love to you and your family.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your comment. My apology for the delay in replying to this comment. I just received it. I did check out your blog and congratulations on an outstanding look and contain.

    Sincerely,
    DiamondGlamourGirls

    ReplyDelete

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June