Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ron's Meat Sauce for Pasta

Hi there Diamond Glamour Girls;

Here is a sauce recipe I have used for many years. No, I didn't name it. It was the name it came from. I'd give credit to the person who shared it with me years ago, however I didn't write it down on the recipe card.

Pasta: This is a good hearty sauce for any pasta, although it may overpower the light pastas such as angel hair.

1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 lb Very Lean Ground Beef
1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
1/4 Cup Green Peppers, Dice
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 1/2 Cups Prepared Pasta Sauce - such as Prego
1/4 Cup Red Wine (optional)
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Minced Parsley

Sauté onions and green peppers in olive oil, brown hamburger then add salt, oregano,and prepared pasta sauce. If desired add red wine. Top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with mined parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June