Monday, October 22, 2012

Say "Yes" to the Celebrations

                                
I love this business.  I get to meet the most interesting people, sometimes I am blessed with sharing in their personal celebrations.  They can be all the traditional America Holidays, Personal Celebrations and sometimes Religious ones.  Some of the greatest blessing in life are when you get the unexpected.  Some might ask what is it.  What is the unexpected. The unexpected is that client that takes the time and care to help you learn about the difference in their culture.                                                                                         
                                                           


Yes, they might be celebrating an American or Religious Holiday, but the blessing comes in when they teach you the tradition of it.  I remember one client who was celebrating her husbands graduation from college.  But they didn't celebration totally the American way.  They had the usually catered dinner, but they couples brought desserts from their culture.  The table was filled with all the goodies of their culture.  This event planner discovered some cultures do not drink, soft drinks, no one wanted alcoholic drinks and yes, they were all free.  The client wanted her guest to have all they could eat and drink.  Tea is made in these special tea pots that don't look like coffee pots or our American tea pots.  They were the thing that got the conversation started.  Who would of thought tea would get people excited and talking.  The funny part sometimes event planners learn as the event evolves during the evening.  It was one of those times the client asked for an extra table for an extra table.  Little did I know that the tea pots stood about 3 feet high.  Little did I know that you can over cook the tea and it would boil all over.  It was this different but beautiful machine that looked to be years old, but new, braze, but maybe bronze.  It was a lovely machine.  I don't know why it left such and impression on my mined.  Maybe cause I was embarrassed, or maybe because I just had to ask the client for help. Humbling myself before my client.  I was the professional at the job right?   It is always my goal as an event planners goal to have the client feel the evening is worry free.  I had to trouble her for the details. Even then her friends stepped in to save the day.  They even went in the kitchen to try to teach my staff how to set up and take care of them.  They were very kind about it.  It also took my staff by surprise as well.  We all laugh afterwords and because it was such a complicated event, I took them out to dinner.  The tea pot was not the only complication, but the Celebration was just that.  A celebration they will always remember. Most of the complications happened without the client noticing.  That is always my goal.  (This is what it kind of looked like.  Wish I would have had the photographer taken a picture)  Good memories, good times.  Great Staff!)

Say Yes to the Celebrations!  MK Pure Diamond Events, we help you make your dreams come true.  Yes, to Holiday Celebrations! Yes to Personal Celebrations! Yes to Business Celebrations!  Isn't it time you get your Name in Fame.  It's a Diamond Occurrence!   
                                                                                                                                               
                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June