Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hope

I was talking with my pastor once and he asked what is it you enjoy doing?  I answered praying with people.  He asked; "Why?  I answered because if they pray, they have "Hope".  I learned hope in a different way then my children did, and their children will have a different way of looking at it then they do.  I looked it up in the Urban Dictionary.  The dictionary were those that use it can define what the word is.  Trendy don't you think?
  The high tec world has added a whole new dimension to the definitions of words.  As we change the world changes as the world changes we change.  Hope was once an expression of what we wanted, dreamed of, experienced in our relationships.  It was not just a word it was what we gave one another.  We even saw our elderly as hope.  Today business does not allow us to reflex on the things hoped for.

Hope defined:  Urban Dictionary: 

(The dictionary definitions have not been altered from original)
1.

Hope
Mankind’s greatest weakness and greatest strength.
Hope gave James the power to go on; but it would not let him admit defeat.

2.Hope
A sweet girl who has a lot going for her. She's funny and smart. She talks a lot, but thats cause she has a lot to say. She is an easy target to be made fun of, but thats because people love her so much! She's just down right awesome!
Jeeze!!! Look at that hope!
3.Hope
A very beautiful name.

Means Hope is an outgoing person. Hope always keeps people'e heads up. you definitly need to meet a Hope.
Hope just made me smile today!

Modern Dictionary: 

 hope
noun
1.
the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best: to give up hope.
2.
a particular instance of this feeling: the hope of winning.
3.
grounds for this feeling in a particular instance: There is little or no hope of his recovery.
4.
a person or thing in which expectations are centered: The medicine was her last hope.
5.
something that is hoped for: Her forgiveness is my constant hope.

Bible:  the bible

Taken from Blue Letter Bible
It has many verses on hope, but within a marriage it is these prayerful ones that shoudl be thought of in the most difficult of times.
Psa 16:9 Therefore my heart 3820 is glad 8055, and my glory 3519 rejoiceth 1523: my flesh 1320 also shall rest 7931 in hope 983.
Psa 22:9 But thou [art] he that took 1518 me out of the womb 990: thou didst make me hope 982 [when I was] upon my mother's 517 breasts 7699.
Psa 31:24 Be of good courage 2388, and he shall strengthen 553 your heart 3824, all ye that hope 3176 in the LORD 3068.
Psa 33:18 Behold, the eye 5869 of the LORD 3068 [is] upon them that fear 3373 him, upon them that hope 3176 in his mercy 2617;
Psa 33:22 Let thy mercy 2617, O LORD 3068, be upon us, according as we hope 3176 in thee.
Psa 38:15 For in thee, O LORD 3068, do I hope 3176: thou wilt hear 6030, O Lord 136 my God 430.
Psa 39:7 And now, Lord 136, what wait 6960 I for? my hope 8431 [is] in thee.

Psa 42:5Why art thou cast down 7817, O my soul 5315? and [why] art thou disquieted 1993 in me? hope 3176 thou in God for I shall yet praise 3034 him [for] the help 3444 of his countenance 6440.
                                                                                                                                                                              
 Is this a solution to everything?  No.  It could be the most wonderful beginning between two individuals.  If both people entering a marriage understand, that their main goal is to give each other hope.  Show each other grace, mercy and understanding when ever possible grace, then yes it will be a relationship worth others speaking about.

"Mrs. Clinton once said it take a village to raise a child."  although as a former preschool director I didn't agree with this, I didn't understand her point or like how it affected the youth in our school.  If she meant it takes having people around us that will help us maintain our value system, our believe system and the things we hope for then I agree.

Event planners, wedding planners help try to uphold the marriage relationships.  Again I state, it is a one marriage, two individuals. We, if possible will help the couple with the decisions they will remember for a lifetime.  If the wedding is a success they give credit to us, but it is really them working as a couple, if it is a failure they give credit to us, but again it is them working together as a couple.  My goal is to get the couple to work together, decide things together, make sure the group is working together.

www.mkpurediamondevents.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June