Tuesday, October 16, 2012

"The Fight " (FOR THOSE THAT FIGHT A GOOD FIGHT)

Women fight many battles in life.  When we are teens we want to be nothing like our mom, just like men we want to be better!  We educate ourselves.  But the one thing we have in common is "The Fight".  We are all individuals in our own battle, some of us have families that support us and some of us have families of our choosing.  I was the later.  I am the one they call when the family is in trouble.  Tired of this I decided to have a life of my own.  Somewhere in between having children and being employed, I decided I was worth something, even if it wasn't a value my husband could see.

I saw myself as a good mother, a good friend and a loyal wife.  He didn't see me that way.  He saw me different.  I made peace with myself about how he saw me.  I think what helped was being at cause I was at peace  his mom and my mom.  The fight is not with those we love, but the battle is sometimes who we will be, become.  My battle stopped when I made peace within myself, that I was not like my mom, and I was not like my mother-in-law.  I was an individual with individual feelings and experiences.  The thing we did have in common was that we are/were all women.  Each of us choose to marry as virgins and we each have had our battles in life.  I told you earlier we become the battle.  The battle for others to fight, we want them to live, we want them to fight.  In giving them hope we battle our own dobt, fears, inabilities.  We accidently battle those we are trying to help or those trying to help us.  It no longer mattered what my husband now my ex-husband thought of me.  What mattered was that it was okay to battle for those we love, He made me in His own way.  I loved him the best I could, even if it wasn't good enough for him.  His inability was not mine. We were all created to be individuals, to have the feels, strengths and weakness we have.  Overcoming fears, understanding other women, during times of change, we understand ourselves better.   I am at peace knowing I did the best I could.  I know that I am not perfect.  I also know that we can only help the ones that want to be helped.

What I am not at peace with is the fight as women we all have in the fight against breast cancer.  This year I lost my mother in law to breast cancer.  In many ways I lost the battle of a life time.  Divorce just added to the loss.  Upholding someone who is sick teaches us so much about the little things in life and their importance.  It's not the first time I have joined the fight.  In the past I have lost several good friends.  Every year I use to walk in a "Relay for Life" www.relayforlife.org in memory of my girlfriends.  One of the elder's wife, the other a labor for a church school I worked at once.  The three of us worked along side one another in the preschool.  I was heart broken when I witnessed the devastation cancer had on their families.  The elders wife lives today and I like to think of her as happy with the results of modern medicine.

My mother in law was this person who use to make me laugh.  She was always there to help, all I had to do was ask.  It wasn't always like that.  When we first got married, she brought her share of adversity into our marriage as did my own mother. Every mom wants the best for their child.  That why I say things change as a women matures. We can see, things and understand things from a women's point of view.  The devastation the loss of a mom brings is like non-other. 

I morn the loss of my mother in law, Michico Kamon, who will always be loved.  Her wisdom, understanding of her son, helped me throughout my married years with him.  She was kind, loyal, understanding a good friend to everyone.  She is a Beloved Mother, Mother-in-law, daughter, and sister.  Her grandchildren adored her and she will always be known as a women who was always there for her family.  She will also be known as the grandmother who always had homemade goodies for the grandchildren when they went to visit her.

In honor of Michico Kamon, Past Present and Future Pendant is being sole.
 http://store.diamondoccurrence.com/jewelry/necklace
 During the month of October, breast cancer awareness month, I ask of you two thing.
1. CHECK YOUR BOOBIES   http://vimeo.com/23097280   
2. Call us or order your pendant, help "The Fight"

Share:


Call Us at

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June