Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving (Help 7 People and the Economy by sending one Holiday Card)

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls;

I had some time today to start putting my Christmas Card list together. Writing them out. It is a rainy day in San Diego, and I don't really feel like going out or working on my business. So I start that list of Christmas things we all hate to do. You know the things that you wonder if people cared about or if only you do? The first was and always is to begin writing my cards. Throughout the years I have sent cards, letters,  post cards, emails, e-cards and last year I event sent text messages. I have to confess, last year was a low point as I think of the importance of the Holiday Season and how special the season is.  It doesn't matter if you spend the season alone or with family and friends the meaning of the season is still as important yesterday, today and tomorrow.

To get me in the mood I decided to write about what matters most to me. It all begins the seasons with Thanksgiving. No matter what you celebrate the season begins with Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is defined in the following way:

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is the beginning of gratitude,
Gratitude is the state of being grateful: thankfulness
Thankfulness is the conscious of benefit received...
Maria Kamon


I learned as a child to walk and think always of the things I am thankful for. The past few years have been rather sad for me on the personal front, therefore when I don't have the words to express our thankfulness I look to others to express it for me.

This year with the technology being so fast, I decided to look up works of others. Here goes. It is a way I feel I, and maybe all of us should feel, but most of us, being the humans that we are we take those around us for  take for granted. 


To really give thanks to what I am thankful for
For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head
I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by these
Whose lives touch memory than they'll ever possibly know
Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure
Thank you dear Jesus, reside in place
And I am ever so grateful for understand grace
So please heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited.
Amen
Scott Weseman

Consider sending someone you know a hand written note, or a holiday card.  Let them know that they were important enough for you to take the time to write them.  It will create more employment for humans like you and me.  I know that many are employeed in technology but there are many more people who need employment as also.  One card, gives employment to the preson who creates the paper, the person who thought of the peom or saying, the person who type set it or typed it into the computer, the person who purchased the card, the person who created the stamp, the postal worker who delivered it.  In purchasing one card you have employeed, the person who inspired you to purchase the card and bless someone by doing so.  You have just employeed 7 people.  Congratulations!  You have just help 7 people.  Blessings! 

Please do last thing for Diamond Glamour Girls blogspot and click on a sponsor.  You will help me be employeed! Leave a comment let me know how many Holiday cards you will be sending this year, remember 1 card employees 7+ people. Thank you!


- Posted by MK Pure Diamond Events using Word Press on my IPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June