Monday, February 10, 2014

National Day of Prayer

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls;


This bit of gossip is something worthy of speaking about.  It is something we should all be doing for our children, husbands, friends, and maybe even our parents.  Ha! What a thought, that we ask our children to pray for us. When was the last time you asked your child, who may or may not be a child to pray for you?  This is what is cool.  They are suppose to want to.

One of my favorite moments of the year is attending "National Day of Prayer"  In the high school it was at the flag pole that everyone met.  In Junior High it was at the entrance.  In Elementary School the Teachers got together at lunch, they couldn't make it a school event where my children attended because of religious freedom activist.  I always tried to attend this event.  Not only because I got to pray for the Nation, also because it helped me I was able to become friends with like minded people who helped me raise my children.  They became friends that lasted until graduation.  We were able to help each other throughout the years, car pool moments, pick them up and when I was in the hospital, they helped me with taking my children to school, picking them up and even brought cooked meals.  Greatly appreciated.  Gave my children a no fear, lifestyle. It's nice to make friends that last a lifetime. Yes, some have been offended throughout the years, no one is perfect.  I know if I called on them today they would receive me as I them. That is what is great about being a Christian, we know we are "Forgiven".  Even though we still have to ask.

This years gossip scoop is that some lady, took it over.  I think it might be someone you might know.  Imagine that a women leading prayer.  Unheard of right.  One woman among many men.  Wonder what her life is like. This is what I would be praying if I were on her team. "Woe, to you, scribes and Pharisees hypocrites! For you devour widows houses and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation". Matt.23;14 I think people who talk endlessly and don't say another important fall under this category.  They want, they don't help.  We are called to be steadfast in prayer. Rom 12;12, we are asked to praise Psalms 113;3; we are to ask for mercy, Psalm 56;1-2.  I have to share with you one of the greatest pleasures I have ever had is to be on this person's prayer team. Yes, I have asked all these things not only for myself, also for others.  The friend who might lose her unborn child, the friend who's husband got fired and was about to loose her home, the friend who's husband was seen cheating around town (not the smartest of things to take your children to watch, you know children have a voice), the friend whose home was searched by IRS, the other friend whose husband went to war and she was pregnant, there are so many cries of God's people. His people know you, love you and hope for the best even in the worst of circumstances.  This time I as as a child once more asking for prayers over my life. Protection, Grace, Mercy, Peace, Money, Finances, Home, Food, Shelter, all those things the average American needs and desires. All those things the bible talks about we need prayer for, so do I.  I doubt that she knows who I am, for I was one of many who had the pleasure of praying with her on her prayer team.  God calls us for a reason and a purpose and may her reason and purpose be blessed this year! Congratulations, Ann! On May 1st I will be praying that you Glorify the Lord and Bless this Nation with His Prayer.  Maybe some of those blessings will run off into my life again...too much devastation in a person is not Good for the Soul.

Ann Graham-Lotz, what a pleasure it is to gossip about you as this years prayer Chairperson of National Day of Prayer. Read more about it on nationaldayofprayer.org  Ann, gossip loves talking about all those "Wounded Worries" life has left along the roadside, or "Just Give me Jesus" is the 'Obsession" everyone should have, Maybe we should talk about "Into the Word" how I tried to fit in but my human body had limitations only to discover my limitations, I had to go and ask a stupid question like "Why?" only to discover I was placed in "His Glory" to then have to claim "I Saw the Lord". Get this the minute I did that my friends thought I was mental, or emo or out of this world which then made me have to explain myself by telling them "God's Story' and asking them to please help me because I was trying to "Embrace God".  They still think, I don't know what I am talking about, I swear it's true...Oh, I don't think as a Christian woman I am suppose to swear, am I?  I have a role God gave me and I am suppose to stay within those bounds, in order that I may serve the Lord correctly. I applaud you for taking this role on, and standing in a place few woman do. I pray it will not only change our Nation's. Maybe we will embrace more woman as Woman who not only know Jesus, we too can be considered "Woman of God" Maybe as we prospers as woman we will be trusted by Men of God, that we want very much the same things God Wants for us. We just have different vision, passion, desire, but still know and want the one true God to Bless our lives.  That it!  That's the next title "God Wants".

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June