Monday, February 17, 2014

President's Day Weekend

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls;

Another Presidents Weekend, for some it was full of joy, laughter, enjoying family and friends. BB Q's burning and beach picnic, this year you might just be by the TV watching the Olympics. Those people they enjoy company with, for others a weekend of solitude. Where laughter is listening to others or watching TV. What is it that life has to offer you?  What is it that you want out of life.



You know I was working out today and the place I go to work out has more televisions then I have ever seen before.  The funniest part in the women's locker room they are all on the food network, one famous chef or another.  I always wonder the same thing. Don't they know, I am here to exercise the goal is to stay away from food. I laugh to myself because the other woman are there for the same reason.

Anyway as I was saying I was working out on the tread meal, that endless exercise that takes you no where but burns aloft of calories if done right.  The TV was on, the famous TV Series "Sex in the City" was on and I realized as I am watching it that I missed that whole era. I missed it in my real life and on TV.

 I had girlfriends we went out, but none of us did that whole who can sleep with whom and who was better.  We went dancing and made a pact that none of us would let the other either get drunk or leave with a man.  The whole sex (ST D's) was to big for me.  Had to many friends get ill from this reality and we all wanted to be respected. Have happy children and be able to say we did our best in life without sleeping our way to the top.  The reality of having a high school friend die during high school shock many of us into the reality that life is short, it is about how to best use the time on earth.  It is a gift.

I still am friends with many of those woman and although our lives are not perfect, we do know it wasn't because we didn't try out best or love enough.  It is because sometimes even the best of relationships get intruded by past issues that have no business in the future.  Is there anything different that I would do? Would I change the man I married? or the children I had? The house I lived in?  The parent's that gave be birth? The mom that remarried? No, like many I see life as our ability to cope, do the best we can with what we have. It was never my desire to "Make it Big" or be someone I am not.  It was this woman's desire, like many others to have integrity, to be able to be real with people and have them be real back. To own a home of my own, to have children who love me and knew I did the best I could. Knowing that they have both good and bad memories like the rest of the people on earth.

Event, wedding, meeting planning started right away when I was in college and later grew into my profession for a corporation. I still am amazed at what a blessing it is to help other create their day.  I think that is why I love it so much. It is never about me.  It is about my client, the bride, the groom, the parents, the business person, the dad who wants a special moment with his daughter to kiss her on the cheek as he gives her away because he know it will be the last time she will truly be only his.  Yes, she might be a grown up woman, but she is "his" little girl. She will be a changed woman charging another mans name..  Or the moment, the corporations, plans for a year to create a special moment to say thank you to it's employees who have worked with the company mission in mind and met and exceeded the corporations expectations.  How about the board of directors who work diligently for the business without pay, and are treated to a weekend away or a dinner with their wives.

What a different life focus the "Sex in the City" had compared to my girlfriends and I.  I laugh to myself, thinking we all dated, married, some divorced, some didn't. Some married men 10 years younger that them, others married men 10 years older.  The one thing we had in common was the reality to made a decision not to let sex be the driving force of out life. To have goals, set them, and make daily decisions knowing we are the best we can be when we are our own best friend.

On this Presidents Day, may your life be blessed, Full of Bread, your baskets overflowing with with fruit, your families filled with love, your children safe, you home Blessed. That is the American Dream.

If you like reading this please tell a friend, click on a sponsor and continue to refer clients to this woman on this Presidents Day and throughout the year, she will return the favor by referring your business.  That's what gossip is right, people talking about each other.  NO one said it has to be negative.  http://www.mkpurediamondevents.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June