Friday, December 7, 2012

Dear Journal (Part 5 Meeting with Pastor B.)


Hi there Diamond Glamour Girls:

Dear Journal,
Today is the day I met with my pastor and the other person he wants.  Who ever that is. 

Dear Journal,

I have so much to write down my mind is thinking faster then I can write.  I got to church feeling nervous,  filled with anticipation. of what this conversation was going to be about.  Pastor B was his usual caring self.  He asked me how I was feeling, how the planning was coming along.  The he introduced me to the lady standing in the room, Lee.  We both said the usual " Nice to meet you."  Pastor B asked us both to sit down.  We did.

 He began by asking, if I was wondering what he wanted to talk to me about.

 I laughed, jokingly said "no," and then  said "It has had me extremely prayerful.  Did I do something wrong?  I feel a little like I am in the principles office."

"Principles off? When have you ever been called to the principles office?" He laughed.

I started telling him the story of when I was called into the principals office and then realized I was rambling in my words and not letting him speak.  I thought to myself (I am so happy I am speaking with my pastor otherwise anyone else could,would just be upset with me for rambling with my words.  When I am anticipating something I tend to speak of random things so I can just settle myself down into feeling comfortable with the person I am with. I know I tend to want to be respectful sometimes to much.

He sat there patiently listening to me.

I want to tell you we are now in the place in pre-marital counseling were we separate the couple and begin with individualcounseling.  In individual counseling I will be meeting with you and Ree.   

What will be doing?  I asked.

We will be discussing subjects that are sensitive areas to a marriage.  Ree will be here to help, she has been married for a long time and my assistant for a long time so she understands the sensitivities of women role in a marriage.  She also understands the role of a Pastor in marriage counseling.  She will be an advocate for both of us. During this time we will be discussing things like a women's role in marriage, a man's role in marriage, finances, when two become one, the sexual relationship and the ideal of what God indented.  You know all of this will is in the word.  It is truly covered in the bible. Please bring your bible each week.  As we go through and discuss Gods best for a women.  The role Jesus should play in a marriage.  You know that if you are living together you must live in separate homes during this time.  We will be discussing many topics and I think you will enjoy this time of prayer, education and growth in the "Word."  We will also be introducing to you all the people who are involved in putting together your wedding.  Our wedding coordinator and the other members of the body who serve in this ministry.  Pastor B concluded with saying I don't want you to worry, it is a time of blessing you as a women and as a bride.  

I was thankful it was just an information meeting.  I wasn't really prepared for how detailed Pastor B is.  Lee seemed nice, but then again everyone is nice in my church so I never expect anything less.  I did get to explain that we were really living together, but... Pastor B stopped me and said he already knew, that need to stop as well.

If you read this post and like it or not please click on a sponsor.  Thank you!  They Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June