Saturday, May 24, 2014

Attitude

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls,

Viet Nam War
I hope you are ready for Memorial Day! For those of you who follow my tweets yesterdays tweets were KISSES. When I was a child my sisters friends were drafted to fight the war that no one wanted to call war, "Viet Nam". It was after the 60's riots and it always felt like something terrible was about to happen. Where some choose to battle others choose to stay away from. I used the (GNB) Good News Bible. Some argue about the choice of bible, I figured if Billy Graham was about the good news I wanted to know. There was a thing called POW bracelets. You purchased the bracelets and were able to write to soldiers to encourage them. My thoughts were I was a child (under the age of 12) and didn't really know what to write adult men fighting a war they didn't want to. I would read the newspaper and listen to the news, to young to understand the ramifications the "war" "non-war" would have in the lives of these men (forgive me, back then the wars only had men or at least that is what was mainly written about. Anyway, I got to experience how encouraging the word of God is to men.



During these times my dad would help me with attitude and the importance of it:
  • Philippians 4:5 (GNB) Show a gentle attitude towards everyone. The Lord is coming soon.

  • Teaching me also about the beatitudes. I enjoyed learning what was appropriate and pleasing to God and for a child it was knowing it was a way to have standards, guidelines, measures in her life. It was learning what you can control and what you can't. I could control what I wrote in letters I couldn't control what these men experienced, saw or had to do. They were called to something I was not old enough to understand. 





Convalescent Woman
A few years ago, my aunt was sick in the hospital. I grabbed my bible and sat at her bedside reading Psalms. The love I felt for my aunt at childhood was great. As an adult I read the Psalms in the hope that she would hear me. That she would know love.  I have the best memories of my aunt. Like I said in another blog she was my encourager as a child. She was a nurse, by profession and as an signal mom raising her two children (signal mom) she went back to school to see if she could become a doctor. What a powerful role model for my youth. I watched her and tried to think like her. "All things are possible." One of the things she would ask me is: " What would you attempt to do if you know you couldn't fail." "Faith in God includes Faith in His timing." Hab 2:3  The pain of seeing her there void of herself, was enough to pain myself and cry out for God's grace and mercy in her life. Little did I know that those cries would call a priest to her bedside to give her last communion known to Catholics as Eucharist (last rites). Psalm 6:9. My uncle should up as well. I handed him my bible in the hopes we would pray for my aunt. He read a few verses. When the priest arrived he left. For what reason I do not know, I just knew I couldn't leave her alone without family. I stayed and the priest allowed me the honor of feeding her the communion (the Eucharist). I remember saying out loud I didn't want her to choke, he assured me she could still swallow. He laughed. Assuring me she could still swallow. We both prayed over her. I stayed a while longer after the Priest had left. They moved her back to the convalescent home and she died much later. Later I met my cousin and spoke with her. I confess, I am not sure if I signed in that day, at the hospital. All I know is I sat their praying and loving my aunt the best I could.

Why do I share this story with you? Honestly, I am not sure. My truth is not anyone elses or is it? I believe in the goodness of God. One of those knowing God knew I didn't have to carry my aunts sadness or seeing her die in front of me. Like the men I prayed for. Some got to come back and tell me what the letters meant. Others never returned or if they did I didn't get to hear from them. Those I still remember by name. Those I still carry a remembrance of. Knowing that all things work for the good of those that love Him.

What do you want at your beside when your old?  Attitude of Gratitude (Psalm 90:1). The voice of the Lord is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The Lord is over many waters. Psalm 29:3  He promises that we will never have more than we are capable of dealing with. I know my Lord is a Good Lord.  Shout! Thank you!

Click on a sponsor. Tell a Veteran or an Aging person thank you. Check your attitude, did you know they both served people? Maybe not with fame, or glory, but with life comes service in one way or another.
Tell, a friend, leave a comment. Like: Facebook.com/MariaKamon ; Facebook.com/MK-Pure-Diamond-Events or Facebook.com/FireSaltWaterf or support our fundraising efforts at http://www.mkpurediamondevents.com; Purchase a fundraising T-Shirt:  http://booster.com/FireWaterSalt
Fire Water Salt T-Shirt




No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June