Saturday, August 10, 2013

"Who's Has Control of Your Ovaries?" (Aging)

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls,

Mom are Mothers, are daughters, are sisters are aging... Aging gracefully is one of those things I have prayed for for myself, the moment I became a mom of teens.  I realized the aging process was upon me.  How does one do that gracefully?

The thing is, men compare us to our mothers  or their mothers and we see ourselves nothing like them. The other day I was helping out my mom. She is aging with that comes illness, diabities and other things, but generations and culture play a part in our misunderstanding.  It has alway been an issue.  Growing up in California both my sister and I love the freedom women have here.  My mom's mentallity of women is "woman can't do this because if for no other reason they are women".   Yet, her other thought is women can do anything they set their mind to.  It has been this perplexing thing for us.  Growing up we couldn't decide if she was for us or against us.  That's why I stuck with what my dad said.  "Do your best!.  Get a college education. God is Good. "  I confess I loved my dads vision of the "Father, God , Almighty and how good He is."  How He is a clean God, a loving God and one who is gentle."

"Coveting is it bad or good? "You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbors. " Ex. 20:17

Let me tell you as my mom ages I am always am reminded of the little things, we use to do together.  Paint our fingernails, fix our hair even cook together.  The said thing is today, she wants control I want control.  I purchase something, she purchase the same thing and tries to out do me.  If it is intentional or not. I am sure, what I do know is that I laugh about it.  In attempt to explain things and to add humor to her aging self.  She doesn't want me to mother her and she most certainly doesn't want to mother me.   I thought okay, I just purchase popcorn and she purchased a bigger bag.  I always brush my teeth after so I went and got what I thought was her tooth brush.  Jokingly, I said to her.  Here you go.  I brushed my teeth after eating popcorn now it is your turn.  She looked and me and said. "Nooooo"!  "What? Where did you get that?" I said, "The shower...where you keep your toothbrush for you dentures?'  My mom got the most unusual look on her face.   Then replied calmly.  "That is not my toothbrush. That is a foot brush. I scrub my toes with it.'  

Oh the aging process...God grant me the love and grace I need to get through it.  Most of all thank you for my mother!

If you like this please click on an advertiser and let them know.  Google+ or drop me an email with your mom story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June