Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Who's in Control of Your Ovaries? (Motherhood)

"And Adam called dhis wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living." Gen. 3:20 

From the moment a female finds out she is pregnant life changes.  Shortly after that the back hurts, she becomes tired, doesn't want to be touched, feet swells, face swells, people greet the belly instead of her.  People no longer say hello, they star and talk to the baby to be.  Family says hiand right   away starts asking how do you feel. As if suddenly you should be feeling something, but your not sure what, so you ask the question you don't want to ask.  "How should I be feeling?"  As soon as that question gets asked....put on your listening ears cause the rest of the time you will be hearing about every women who is there experience with pregnancy.  The Good and the not so good.  I can remember thinking....help me.

Your mom tells everyone about how her pregnancy was with you.  How she felt,  It is her payback time.  Her time to share how you made her feel.  How you took away her freedom. How life changes after you have a baby, and the marriage is never the same.  I laugh at how things can be so different from one women to another. 

Technically, do you think Eve would have accepted the name if she knew its definition?  I think not!  she would of had to choose which living thing she wanted.  Do you want this or this or that.  If I had to do over I would have told God, I want.....  Instead of "Dear God, may I please have....honestly no mom want to think of their son as a "Fill-her", but was that what God meant by all living things? But then again was the snake one of those living things?  If so was he from Adams thought life?

I think if Adam was the best God could make then think about it...he reacted to the snake exactly how men react to "Honey, I'm pregnant." They look at us like we are from another planet.  As if we did it all by ourselves. Confession l know their are devises that exist like that but I don't think it is God's best.  However, they don't talk much either.  So who knows.  "Not right now..I am just about to....Oh touchdown!  What did you say honey your what?" 

What is Motherhood really about.  Ask your children in about 20 years if they are still talking to you and see what they answer.  My answer...."Love".  Learning to love in a way that nothing on earth or heaven will ever teach how totally and completely you can love another human. That raising one of those living thing God gave Eve took a whole lot of GRACE!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June