Saturday, August 24, 2013

"Who Has Your Ovaries?" (Standing Up)


I like many others Americans stop at "Starbucks" from time to time. The last few weeks I have had the pleasure of being there when there are a bunch of students.  Two different "Starbucks" more than a hundred and fifty miles apart.

What blessing it was to hear the same conversation from two different locations I say that not only because the towns I was in was different, the culture or the ethnicity was different, their age were different, maybe even their social economic level was different.  What was the same was the conversation "Respect" .

The first "Starbucks" the teenage girls were sitting talking, I was working on the computer and over heard.  The phone of one of the girls rang, another girl said "Answer it!" A third girl responded "RESPECT!" She had authority in her voice and they all listen. They continued the conversation about what it meant to respect. It was such a good conversation that at the end of it I had to tell them I was proud of them.

On another day, in another town, in another "Starbucks". Two students working together doing their homework.
They were talking about school and what happens in it at the high school level when someone disrespects.  I think the conversation was something to that effect not really sure I had my headphones on. I took my headphones off to move something and heard one of the students to say you have to tell them to respect you! Religious or not people are to respect. 

On the way out of "Starbucks" I gave them my business card congratulating them. I told them they should know that respect should be in the workplace too.

"A teacher of the law healed in respect by all the people, " Acts 5:35

Are world has changed when students are taught respect in school it can't be all back, right?  The wedding industry has change forever with prop eight, the Pope has changed his view point, our government in San Diego has been has been affected. Y a lack of it.  For those that know and understand "pray with thanksgiving". 

For those in school today I pray you learn not only RESPECT but the value one person came make in the lives of many! That prayer today is as relevant as yesterday and it will be even more relevant tomorrow. How do I know? The simple answer is: "The Bible Tells Me So!"


If you read this, let me know. Email me, google+, tell a friend , click on an a sponsor. Let someone know you cared enough to pray to pray for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June