Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Who Has Your Ovaries?" (Motherhood)

"And on her forehead a name was written:  "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." Rev: 17:5

Oh girlfriend how many times have you argued with your mother?  How many times throughout your lifetime have you pleaded for your individuality?  Mother's of son, are they seen differently then mothers of daughters?  Either way there are some mysteries that shouldn't be known until it is our time.

A bowl on my head I wear so I may worship Him?  What type of mother does that make me?  Am I a harlot because I gave birth to son's or am I an angle like my sons because we all worship, the one the only true God.  Is a revaluation the truth, or a mystery of God for us to discovery.  I know that there are times when I was growing up that my mother and I argued about who is in control and who is doing what.

I have prayed, supplicated, worshiped, cried, given testimony after testimonies of the miracles my God has done in my life. I obeyed God's word to letter, as my father taught me.  Did it make my life easier?  Did it make my life rich? Yes, I would say my life is rich, it might not be material wealth, but it is definitely rich, those that know the one true God can only claim it so.

As my mom ages and I take care of her, it is hard to distinguish with the past.  She sees the world so different then I do.  She saw my dad so different then I did.  She remarried away after their divorce and became a different woman, now she is old and I have difficulty relating to her because she chose through out her life not to be close to my children and I.

In the attempt to not choose the same things she did I write text messages to my adult son's everyday. They are seen as endless annoyances but it is my way of communicating with them in the hopes of having a relationships with my adult young men.  My mom's believe is that men do not need a relationship with their mom.  My believe is that no matter what age you are or what you choose to do your mom is something you can't change. She gave birth to you.  Good, bad, ugly, beautiful she is your mom.  

Forgive me children if I choose to be a part of your life.  Forgive me for my annoying text messages detailing everything I do.  Forgive me if you are bothered with a mom that wants to be part of your life and would not give that opportunity to anyone to replace her.  Forgive me, for bothering you.  Forgive me for praying for you.  Mom's like me prayed for the day of your birth since childhood, we prayed for you to get healed when you were sick, we prayed for your teen years to be safe even if it meant us falling.  We will continue to pray for young adult lives.  And we will continue to pray all the days of our lives that if we are not together we are together.  We are a part of you, you are a part of me.  No God would ever tear that apart.  I know I am your annoyance, but it is only to remind you you our my love.  Your are the Grace that God gave me to watch over.  You are His gift and my presents.

I know not all mom's think this way, but I am who my Father made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June