Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Who Has Control of Your Ovaries? (Girlfriends)

Hi there, Diamond Glamour Girls;

Do you remember when everything in life was about Love?  That moment and time in life when you don't care about time.  When you look at the women around you and think...how do they do it all.  They all look so amazing. The time before adolescence when mom, women, young teens are all looking a little different than most, but your not sure why.  This is such a perfect time you begin to wonder what will I be like when I grow up.  

Boys are not an issue because your old enough.  You dream of the right one for you. You can't help but think about what your life will become.  Your girlfriends mom becomes more interesting than yours, only because you have heard of all the stories of how great her youth was by now.
 
I had this friend that I will never forget.  She was a lot like me and yet a lot different.  We had so much fun.  We could talk about everything. We could sit and talk for hours about what our life would be like. Her mom seemed so different to me than mine.  She was quiet, reserved and very much about being a good mom.  (I don't mean that as a judgement, more as an observation)  Her mom stayed home all day. Doing what I don't know, I was to young to know at the time.  My mom was a working mom who was always stressed and didn't have time to play and enjoy life.  It was always about making sure the schedule was right, the house was clean, that we had chores enough to keep us busy.  Her mom was about letting her daughter dream.

One day I remember she invited me over.  I remember sitting at the kitchen table, while my friend was getting ready to play.  Her dad, mom and I sat there for a few minutes just staring at each other.  After a short while...her mom asked me if I would like a cup of coffee.  I said yes, please. Both parents gave me this look like I had done something terribly wrong.  Her dad with a concerned voice asked "Are you allowed to drink coffee?"  I said yes I have been drinking it since I was a baby.
I had to explain the cultural difference between my culture, which is also American and California's. The look on their faces was one I will never forget.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June