Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What is the Safest Experience You Ever Had?

Hi there, Diamond Glamor Girls,

When in fear tell someone!
Don't keep quiet!


That's an interesting question. You see in order to know it's a safe experience you have had to have seen danger or experienced danger. Shortly after we moved to Los Angeles, where my grandparents lived. The Watts riots broke out.

The safest I ever felt was with my husbands family. When we were first getting to know each other. My father in law to be at the time a quiet man. Was the funny. It was the first time I met him. My boyfriend at the time picked me up after work and we were going out on a date, so I had to wait until he got ready.



He sat there looking at me. I sat there looking at him. His mom constantly offering me something to eat or drink, however it was a facedown. You know like you have with your friends. You stare at each other and who looks away first. My dad, taught me never to look away first. After several rounds of this he offered me the newspaper to read. Then his mom brought girl magazines to read, fashion, movie star, the gossip. That's when I knew it was over. The stardown. I won. I had their approval to date their son. He was so gentle! Quiet! Kind! He was like that his whole life toward me. That's amazingly comforting.

To this day, I don't know what he called that day. I do know the rest of his days l knew I could talk with him about anything. Good, bad, right, wrog. He would help me just like his daughter. For that I am grateful. I never called him dad, however I felt like he was my dad. He took that place in my life when my real dad passed away.

Like, subscribe,  tell a friend. Disclaimer on communication page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June