Thursday, October 19, 2017

30 Day October Challenge - Day 19 What Books You've Read

Hi there; Diamond Glamour Girls;

In this lifetime I have been blessed to have been living close to a public library. My love for books started very young.  As soon as I could write my name. That's what the library required. That a child could write their name. With the new computerized system what do they require of children today?

I use to walk a block to get to the library. I remember the fragrant smell of the books on the shelves. The newness of hope, that someday I would read every book in the library. The librarians face as she smiled at me and made me feel proud of the choices I had made. I had spent hours reading books off the shelves before I choose the ones that would come home with me.

I had read all the picture books they had. So she moved me to the first readers my frustration was in trying to pronounce word and figuring out what where the accent went. Learning two languages at one time confuses the brain for a short time until connectors develop. Today there are language emerson programs. I loved the local librarians who would take the time to read with me when she wasn't busy. If she had work to do she was mean and grumpy and I would bother her. At first this frightened me. Overtime, we developed a friendship and a common love for books. The interaction actual helped me learn the responsibility of a librarians as a career choice. Best years ever.

That has nothing to do with the challenges or does it? With all the apps today my favorite is the library app. My favorite is the library app. Check your local library to find out which one to use. Free books for anyone at any place that your device would let you. My favorite device is Nook and Barnes and Nobles has many great suggestions, however my favorite will always be free! Did you know they have a library? That's what I call it the books are free!

For the month of October I am reading.

  1. Money Master The Game 7 Simple Steps To Financial Freedom 
  2. Better Off Wed
  3. 1OO Knock Knock Jokes For Kids
  4. Dead Before The Wedding
  5. Diary of a Grumpy Bear
Spooky Reading............BOO👻

Please read the disclaimer at the contact page of the blog. Like, Subscribe,  tell a friend, and click on an advertisement. If you'd like more on the subject of decor listen to. Check out my podcast, Maria Kamon©™ @MKPDE Podcast on Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/maria-kamon-mkpde-podcast/id1254532508


No comments:

Post a Comment

New 2022 Blogpost will begin In June